[directfb-users] Not able to use USB keyboard with DirectFB
Harinandan S
2008-03-31 10:26:47 UTC
Hi All,

I am not able to use USB Keyboard with DirectFB. I have built DirectFB with
"linux input" as input driver. In my system USB keyboard comes as
/dev/input/event0. I use GTK+ 2.12.2 on DirectFB 1.1.1 and use devmem
system.

When i press a key in a keyboard it was exiting the program by
printing Assertion : g_display->keymap is NULL. So i commented that
g_assert(g_display->keymap==NULL) statement and the program is not exiting
but i am not able to use keyboard.

Am i going wrong somewhere?

Regards,
Harinandan
Sriram Neelakandan
2008-03-31 10:35:11 UTC
use dfbinfo & dfbinput -k to ensure that the keyboard support is built
properly
Post by Harinandan S
Hi All,
I am not able to use USB Keyboard with DirectFB. I have built DirectFB
with "linux input" as input driver. In my system USB keyboard comes as
/dev/input/event0. I use GTK+ 2.12.2 on DirectFB 1.1.1 and use devmem
system.
When i press a key in a keyboard it was exiting the program by
printing Assertion : g_display->keymap is NULL. So i commented that
g_assert(g_display->keymap==NULL) statement and the program is not exiting
but i am not able to use keyboard.
Am i going wrong somewhere?
Regards,
Harinandan
Sriram Neelakandan
Author - Embedded Linux System Design And Development (
http://tinyurl.com/2doosu)
Harinandan S
2008-03-31 10:45:32 UTC

When i run dfbinput -k i get the folowing info

(*) DirectFB/Input: Dell Dell USB Keyboard 0.1 (directfb.org)

and an error

(!) Tools/Input: IDirectFBInputDevice::GetKeymapEntry( 0 ) failed!
--> General failure!

what could be the reason why Keymap error is coming? I've built linux input
driver properly since i could use usb mouse using linux input driver.
Thanks and regards,
Harinandan
http://tinyurl.com/2doosu)
Harinandan S
2008-04-01 07:01:52 UTC
Hi All,

Is USB keyboard using 'linux input' driver supported in devmem system?

Regards,
Harinandan
Hi,
--