[directfb-users] Dual independent head
Stuart Clark
2014-04-08 14:54:09 UTC
I'm just starting to use directfb and am relatively new to Linux so please excuse the basic questions.

I am doing an vme embedded Linux project. I have an Intel i7 processor integrated graphics sbc. I have a mezzanine graphics module which has 2 display ports. I am using the Intel graphics driver supplied with red hat 6.4.

We only have /dev/fb0 so when I run a directfb program I see cloned displays. I read on the mail group I need /dev/fb0 and /dev/fb1 to do dual independent head.

Is this the only method or are there any alternatives.

Am I only seeing /dev/fb0 because of the graphics driver. I manually created /dev/fb1 using mknod but when I try to access it I get no such device. Obvious as its not connected to a driver.

Thanks for any help
--
Stuart Clark
Sent from my Galaxy S3