[directfb-users] Clanbomber2 port to newest DirectFB
Vyacheslav Yurkov
2015-01-25 21:39:03 UTC
Hi guys,
When I was at school we spent our evenings playing Clanbomber (first on
Clanlib then on DirectFB). I'd like to play it with my kids now.

So basically what I want to achieve is to run Clanbomber2 using latest
DirectFB release. Trying to build DirectFB-1.0.1 was not really good
idea on a modern Linux and it failed for me. So far my progress is
following. I have DirectFB-1.6.2 and FusionSound-1.6.3 installed on
64bit Linux. Clanbomber2 seems to be compiled successfully but doesn't
function properly (no surprise er?).

I've been trying to get it running with X11 backend (or with framebuffer
directly) but these are the problems I encountered so far:
- when I open help screen, which consists of two parts, the first part
is skipped right away. I guess the similar issue is described in this
thread
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10030087/why-this-dfb-example-gives-2-press-or-2-release-events-when-theres-only-one
, but no answer is provided. The help screen has this kind of code:
// First part
primary->SetColor( ... );
primary->DrawString( ... );
primary->Flip( ...)
keybuffer->Reset( keybuffer );
DFBCHECK(keybuffer->WaitForEvent( keybuffer ));
// Second part
The second part is identical to the first part. Do you have a clue why
the first part is skipped right away?

- when I start the game (Start Local) then the game seems to be sped up
and finishes instantly. I'm not sure at this point if this has something
to do with porting the game to new library or just with my setup.

If someone could help me with this or better have this game already
ported I'd really appreciate any info.

--
Thanks and regards,
Slava