[directfb-users] fallback font in directFB
Alejandro Vázquez
2015-05-06 19:56:02 UTC
Hi!
I need mix Japanese character with English and Arabic with English and I
can't use only font. I want knows if I can do it using directFB or I need
other extra library as cairo/pango.
I have looking for but i haven't found nothing.
Thanks!!
Regards
Alex
Divneil Rai WADHAWAN
2015-05-07 03:37:39 UTC
Hello,

You can use DirectFB font API’s to create and apply the font.
It’s needs to be managed by your app, which font is required when, so, correct font is created and applied.

Regards,
Divneil

2015-05-07 08:37:32 UTC
Post by Divneil Rai WADHAWAN
It’s needs to be managed by your app, which font is required when, so,
correct font is created and applied.
Hello!
I understand you but my problem is when I mix 2 languages. If for example
i want to write in English and arabic, i can't use the same font. So if I
try to write, some characters will not appear or will not show correctly.
Is there any way to indicate that if you can not display a character font
change?
Divneil Rai WADHAWAN
2015-05-12 04:06:44 UTC
Hello,

You can try the following and see if it works for you.

- DrawString with correct font on a non-primary surface

- I guess you can find the correct position everytime you do a DrawString

- Then after constructing the full string blit non-primary surface onto primary surface.

If the symbol is not found in Font, you are going to get Garbage anyways. I am not sure which you will get.