[directfb-users] Hello to the list
gianluca
2013-06-10 14:08:01 UTC
Hello everybody!
I am new to this list, so first of all A VERY BIG HELLO TO EVERYBODY!

Now the little (for you experienced users of DirectFB) question:

* PREAMBLE *
I am trying to run DirectFB program in a windowed mode in X11, using my
Desktop running Linux Mint 13 - Debian.
I installed everything (from -dev packages to libs...) so I can compile
and run examples in a windowed mode over Xorg Desktop running MATE
Desktop (A successor of Gnome).
I created a directfbrc file as following:

system=x11
force-windowed
mode=800x480
scaled=800x480

and the every application seems to run fine, with a strange behaviour
when grabbing the mouse.
I clearly see two mouse arrows: one jumping aroud the application window
and another one is following my mouse movement.
I can say my cursor is giving the application the event, but it is very
annoying to see two (or even more) objects onto screen when I move the
mouse.

Any help, clue, or what ever to disable this "feature"?

The same problem occurs when I run Qt-Embedded DirectFB window mode
application with -qws option, so I can say it is a DirectFB issue and
not Qt issue.

Best regards
--
,,,
(o o)

Gianluca Renzi
R&D
phone: +39.0542.609120
fax: +39.0542.609212

.oooO Oooo.
======( )==( )=======
\ ( ) /
\_) (_/

===================
| I would like to |
| fix the world, |
| but they're not |
| giving me the |
\ source code! /
---------------
¯\_(".)_/¯
gianluca
2013-06-12 07:59:40 UTC
Post by gianluca
[...]
Actually I've just found what was causing these effects: joystick module.
In fact, simply disabling the module joystick everything went fine.

It seems that on DirectFB on Windowed Mode over X11, some input device
is acting as a joystick device (or simply it is a drawback effect of a
X11 driver with DirectFB), so simply disabling the module before opening
the window cures the undesired effect.

I hope this workaround can be helpful to somebody!

Cheers,
--
,,,
(o o)